ED Doctor in Nashville, TN
The First Stop and Last Stop to Help You Achieve Peak Sexual Performance
Nashville Men's Health is a comprehensive Men's Sexual Medicine practice in the Nashville and Middle Tennessee region. Our urologists provide treatment for men suffering from erectile dysfunction of varying degrees and men with curvature of the penis. Our practice offers offer evidence-based and successful evaluation and treatment options like no other place in the greater Nashville area.
At Nashville Men’s Health, we know how frustrating and sensitive erectile and sexual problems can be for our patients. Our sexual health specialists are dedicated to working with our patients to find the solution that is right for them, helping men lead healthy, satisfying sex lives. We can help you fully assess your ED and offer realistic and successful solutions to restore your erection and sexual health. If you experience erectile dysfunction or ED, make the right decision for you and your partner by contacting Nashville Men's Health at (615) 250-9395.
What Are Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction?
Generally all symptoms of erectile dysfunction will contribute to an inability to develop or sustain an erection. A lowered libido can also be a common sign of ED.
If you experience erectile dysfunction in rare instances, and you have no other related health conditions, you should be able to manage your ED without much trouble. Such situations are completely normal, and should not warrant a significant amount of worry.
However, if you begin to become concerned about erectile dysfunction and how much it is impacting your daily life, we encourage you to see a specialist.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.
Schedule Your Erectile Dysfunction Consultation in Nashville, TN Today
If you are experiencing symptoms of ED, contact the board-certified urologists and sexual health specialists at Nashville Men's Health to learn more about the cause of your ED and the treatment available. If you are experiencing symptoms of ED and would like to schedule a consultation at our men's health clinics throughout Nashville, please call (615) 250-9395 or request an appointment through our secure online form to begin treatment.